Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Barber dies of smoke inhalation in Kabul fire

Barber dies of smoke inhalation in Kabul fire

Mar 18, 2011 - 15:19

KABULinfo-icon(PANinfo-icon): A fire that broke out in a liquefied gas selling shop overnight killed a man and gutted at least 27 shops in Qara-i-Bagh district of Kabul province, an official said on Friday.

The incident happened late on Thursday, the district chief, Khwaja Mohammad Hanif Siqqiui, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

He confirmed 13 shops and 14 cabins were destroyed as a result of the fire that took three hours to be brought under control. A barber died of smoke inhalation after the blaze engulfed his shop, the official said.

Firefighters in two vehicles arrived at the scene from Kabul and joined their colleagues from Parwan province to extinguish the fire, he said.

The shop owner, Zikrullah, blamed one of his assistants for causing the fire due to negligence. He said seven fuel selling and some food shops were burnt.

The fire inflicted losses worth $600,000 on him, Zikrullah said.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.


Add new comment



Twitter Update