Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Forces, Taliban claim inflicting casualties on each other in Kapisa offensive

Forces, Taliban claim inflicting casualties on each other in Kapisa offensive

By
On
Jan 07, 2017 - 15:01

KABULinfo-icon CITY (Pajhwok):  At least nine Talibaninfo-icon militants have been killed and six others wounded in ongoing security forces joint operation in the Nijrab and Tagab districts of the central Kapisa province, an official said on Saturday.

Lt. Col. Sherin Aqa Faqiri, skpokesman for the 201st Selab military corps, told Pajhwok Afghan News the offensive kicked off three days back by ANA personnel.

He said so far nine insurgents were killed and six others wounded and some landmines were defused.

Civilians and security forces suffered no casualties in the battle, he added.

The provincial police spokesman, Mohammad Ayoub Yousufzai, said the operation were ongoing in two part of the province where most of the areas were cleared from the militants.

Mohammad Aslam, a resident of the Tagab district, said four Afghan local policemen suffered causalities in the ongoing operation and said the Tagab-Surobai highway was also blocked when the battle took place.

Zabihullah Mujahid the Taliban spokesman claimed seven security forces have been killed and some wounded during ongoing offensive. Mujahid did not provide information about the Taliban causalities.

Pk/nh  

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update