Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Army officers debriefed over base attack

Army officers debriefed over base attack

By
On
Apr 23, 2017 - 19:04

MAZAR-I-SHARIF (Pajhwok): Senior and junior officers of the Afghan National Army (ANA)’s Shaheen Military Corps are being investigated about Friday’s deadly attack on their base, an official said on Sunday.

Talibaninfo-icon gunmen and suicide bombers attacked the Shaheen Military Corps headquarters in northern Balkh province, killing 135 soldiers and wounding 60 others.

Shaheen Military Corps spokesman Abdul Qahar Aram told Pajhwok Afghan News that Maj. Gen. Sadiq Mohammad Abu Fazal, inspector general at the Ministry of Defense (MoD), had launched investigation from the military officers.

He said 10 high and low rank officials had been investigated so far and the process was ongoing.

He said officials from gate guards to battalion and headquarters commanders were being investigated.  Aram rejected if someone had been arrested over collaboration with the attackers.            

Earlier Presidential Palace spokesperson Shan Hussain Murtazavi told a press conference in Kabulinfo-icon that the government had launched its investigation into the attack on the military base.

He said the result of the investigation would be shared with the media once the fact finding commission competed its probe into the attack.

kh/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update